Supply Chain Integrity
Solution 1: Building a supportive environment for organic farmers, with the main focus on the marketing of the products.
Solution 2: Developing short (innovative) supply chains for local organic food, where the focus is on fair trade, integrity, traceability, building trust and new relationships between farmers and business partners/consumers. We are focused on direct marketing channels and developing new products with added value, like Kulinarični zabojček"" (Cook box) and ""Business gift programme (wine and olive oils).
Solution 3: Building a new brand for local (high quality) organic food ""Zemlja&Morja"", which will contribute to the greater visibility of local organic food on the market and greater trust of consumers toward local organic food.
Since one of our key principles is integrity, ensuring food traceability and an open and honest relationship with our partners/customers, We would like to integrate protocol in all our products and supply chain, since we see it as a big added value for all stakeholders involved in our supply chains- our cooperative, farmers and consumers/business partners. An additional argument in favour of adopting the OriginTrail protocol is that organic food business is especially fragile and depended on the trust of customers toward the whole supply chain. Here OriginTrail protocol can play a crucial role. That is why OriginTrail protocol fits perfectly in our business model and is an excellent opportunity for our development and growth.
1. We won an award for 3rd place at ""Podjetna Primorska 2017"", for our innovative product ""Kulinarični
zabojček"" (Cook box).
2. We are partners on the project ""Promoting green and social entrepreneurship, market integration of local organic producers and sustainable local food self-sufficiency (EKOSOP ISTRA)"", financed by EU and Ministry of Economic Development and Technology of Slovenia.
3. We are one of the competitors of ""Agrobiznis"" competition 2018. agrobiznis.finance.si/8934246
Problem 1: Small organic farmers are facing many restrains/problems, especially they are preoccupied with work
activities on a farm since running a farm demands a lot of different tasks and it is time-consuming and many of them
have also other jobs. So they need support, especially regarding marketing and selling their products.
Problem 2: In Slovenia, the organic food market is fast developing. But one of the main characteristics of the market is that it is relatively saturated with imported organic foods, while there is a shortage of domestic organic food, which customers prefer and are willing to pay more for them. This is mainly due to not enough production of domestic organic food and also underdeveloped supply chains for local organic food.
Problem 3: A lot of consumers have a lack of confidence toward organic food, what results in lower consumption of organic food.
Problem 4: Youths in kindergartens and schools do not eat healthy enough, organic food is not enough to present.
1. Invest in building our brand.
2. Invest in promotion and marketing, with a focus on social media, e-mail marketing and connect with influencers.
3. Investing in developing human resources (Introduce training through mentors, etc.).
4. Seek more funding (applying on different project calls).
5. Expanding sales to ""door to door"" in Ljubljana and also to near city of Trieste (Italy) and Austria.
6. Developing new products and services (eco catering…).
We see us as much different than the vast majority of enterprises and start-ups in (food) supply chain sector,
especially from the social point of view. We are a ""grass root"" cooperative, based on democratic values, where
members are equal owners (""one equal share, one voice""). Also, our workers are actively involved in the management
of the enterprise.
We started this business since we 100% committed to organic food and farming. For us, organic farming is not just a market opportunity, but the way of living, We are building new fair and open relationships between farmers and consumers (fair payment for farmers, best food for consumers) and also helping to protect the environment, since organic farming is the most nature-friendly farming practice. Our main mission is not profit making, but making social change and impact instead.